Thursday 13 October 2016

Rustic Wedding Cake

Hello all!!

This post is slightly different than the rest of the cakes, that's because my sisters were back in Malaysia for holiday, and they gave me a hand with this cake yay! free labour!! so I had it done pretty fast as compared to when I bake alone. It is much more fun too!!

A friend recommended PFM to Sarah (the bride) a week before her wedding. Her initial baker had dengue and couldn't continue with her cake. It's such a beautiful rustic design that I enjoyed making with the help of my sisters.

It is a 3 tier cake 10" 8" 6" covered in layers of fondant and fresh flowers. It was a mock cake. The bride requested to have a "gap" to cut through the cake. So I did a little slot in the foam block and covered it with fondant so they could have the real "feel" as if they were to cut a real cake. I had to leave out the little round fondant so she would know where to cut.





I wished my sisters were always here, baking was so much more fun and meaningful. I truly cherish the short time we had.

Have a great day!

Enjoy

Questions? Drop me an message on FB or Email at pretty.food@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment