Tuesday 10 November 2015

Horse year baby!

Good morning everyone!

I can feel the holiday season coming really really soon! aren't you excited?

Anyways, a week ago, I was asked to make a one year old birthday cake. Baby Raguel was born in the year of the horse, so...they wanted a horse on the cake!


This moist yummy chocolate cake frost with light and yet rich vanilla buttercream is measured and assemble into a number 1 sign to resemble 1st birthday.I decided to make the name on a cube with pastel colors, simply because it's so soft and somehow represents a little fragile baby!
 Next, I wanted to cover the cake board with fondant, but I wanted it to look dreamy and had more texture to it, so I went with the "blanket" look.
The little tiny flowers, I simply thought it was sweet!
Now the horse! I did enjoy making the horse very much. Arranging every strand of it's tail hair and round big eye!

Overall, this cake was about 12" x 9" after fondant deco. Its about 2 x 8inch square cake. Plenty of cake to eat!

Questions? Drop me an email or FB message me. Details are as below.

Email: pretty.food@yahoo.com / kiaora@korucafe.com.my
FB: https://www.facebook.com/prettyfood.moments

Come by and say HI ! CAFE details are as below. 
Koru Cafe
125 First Floor, Empire Damansara.
Jalan PJU 8/8, 47820 PJ
Selangor. 

Tel: 03 7732 6068

Opening Hours: Weekdays : 8am to 7pm
                           Weekends & Public Holiday: 9am to 8pm
                            Closed on Thursdays

Enjoy the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment