Sunday 20 July 2014

KCMC 3D Church Building Cake

FIRST of all, I apologize for the terrible terrible quality of these picture. There's been some hiccups, so I had no choice but to use my crappy S4 phone camera. Trust me, it frustrates me too, especially when I've spent so much time beautifying a cake and am unable to capture that.

Anyway, enough of complaining, this cake excites me!

I got a call from a church friend, she was looking for someone to bake a 3D version of the church ( it's a new building too) along with cupcakes for English Service's 26th anniversary. It was kinda last minute (she rang Tuesday night, delivered on Sunday 8.30am)

But I thought, why not? Its the sort of thrill I look for LOL!

So here I am cracking my head trying to plan and buy my supplies as quickly as I can , the planning took the longest as well as the drying process to harden the fondant. I even drove round the church to make sure i got enough details.

I won't deny it was hard work, took me couple of days and went to bed at 4am. But it was worth it!

Belows chocolate cake was iced with French Vanilla butter cream and weights approx more 7kg. Cupcakes were chocolate, banana, peanut butter chocolate, vanilla and chocolate chips.

I hope you enjoy the picture roughly showing the process as much as I did making them.

I have also done other novelty / 3D cakes prior to this. Please use the search bar on the right side of this blog to look up for that blog post using keywords like "novelty" will lead you there.













Questions? Drop me an email. Do visit PFM's Facebook and share the love!
Email: pretty.food@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment